Corona Virus Update
All Club activities suspended for time being.
At Mersham Sports Club the safety and welfare of members and guests is of paramount importance.
Following the advice of the UK Government and National Governing Bodies for Sports we regret to inform you that we will be suspending all Club activities for the time being, in order to help stop the spread of the virus and ensure the safety and well being of our members and volunteers.
Please follow-us on Twitter and Facebook and on-line where will keep you updated of latest club developments- links at the bottom of the page.
Whilst at home limiting your social interactions it is important you and your children stay active- we will endeavor to provide you with some simple games and activities you and your children can play to keep entertained via our social media channels in the coming days and weeks.
We would like to advise all members to follow the recent advise;
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
How long to stay at home:
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days. If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
Further guidance can be found here:
NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Gov website – https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We wish all of our members the best of health at this time and look forward to seeing you in the not to distant future when we are able to re-start club activities.
If you have concerns regarding this please contact your coach/manager or a member of the Welfare team
Kind regards and best wishes,
Mersham Sports Club Committee