COVID-19 Club Activity Update
ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ- Latest update regarding club activities at this time
As the lock-down restrictions are easing and some activity is beginning again- which is fantastic news and great to see- we want to assure members that all club sections are taking necessary measures to provide a safe environment for you by doing the following;
- Following Government and Governing Body guidance.
- Reviewing this and producing their own guidelines and restrictions to suit their section, inline with the above.
- Not starting activity until they are ready to do so.
- Communicating guidelines to members/coaches/parents.
- Ensuring guidelines are adhered to during activities.
We require the support of all members that are attending the club and activities to help with this so we can begin to restart activities and ensure that we all stay safe at this uncertain time, by doing the following;
- Anyone who has been ill, has COVID-19 symptoms- no matter how mild, or suspects they have been exposed to the virus MUST NOT attend the club.
- Ensuring you have read and understand any guidance and restrictions issued by your section.
- Ensuring you and/or your child follow guidance at all times.
- Coaches and managers will be enforcing guidance and social distancing, Please ensure you follow their instructions at all times.
- Groups of players or spectators must not congregate before, during or after sessions, outside of Government or Club guidelines.
- Sessions will be planned and prepared in advance – please ensure you arrive when you are supposed to.
- Anyone that has attended the club and becomes ill informs their manager or welfare officer immediately and gets tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible.
There has been a recent case of COVID-19 and as a result one group has been shut down for 14 days, with members and coaches asked to isolate as per Government advice- we want to ensure this does not happen again, all activities are safe and can continue to take place.
Please remember- the virus is still out there, it is dangerous, none of us are immune, and some of our members are very high risk.
We appreciate that people are relieved to be getting out and about again, but its very easy to forget what we have been through and how dangerous the situation still is.
We need to ensure that we are adhering to guidance so that we can start to open up and ensure that all members are as safe as possible at all times.
We also appreciate that some members maybe hesitant or reluctant to attend the activities at this time and want to assure you this is perfectly natural, you are under no obligation to return to the club until you feel safe to do so.
We hope that the steps we are taking will reassure you but if you would like to discuss anything further please contact your coach/manager, or a member of the Safeguarding Team.
We thank all our members for their patience and cooperation at this time, and all of the coaches, managers and volunteers that are working hard to ensure activities can go ahead.
Mersham Sports Club Committee